Prep and Maintenance
Preparation for Your Tan
- Thoroughly exfoliate, shave and shower prior to your appointment.
- Manicures, pedicures and waxing should be done before your tan.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothes and undergarments following your appointment.
- The cosmetic bronzer may rub off on your clothing, however it will come out of most fabrics, excluding silks and nylons.
- Avoid wearing make up, moisturizers and deodorant on the day of your appointment, as this acts as a barrier to the spray and stops the color from developing properly. If your skin in very dry you should use moisturizer sparingly in dry areas only.
- Most clients go topless and wear bottoms. You will have very distinct tan lines with all undergarments. We provide disposable thong panties, you can wear your own or go nude for no tan lines. Only women are permitted to go nude, men must wear bottoms.
- Sensitivity could occur if you have shaved or waxed within 8 hours of your session. If you haven’t experienced issues with sensitivity related to self tanning products in the past you should be fine.
Maintaining Your Tan
- Wait at least 8-12 hours before showering.
- Apply moisturizer after your post tan showers.
- Avoid long, hot showers and excessive scrubbing of the skin. Pat your skin dry after showering.
- Try not to touch your skin in the development stage. Color can transfer from your body onto finger tips and palms staining them.
- Avoid sweating, dish washing and hand washing in the development stage.
- Chlorine in swimming pools and hot tubs can remove or shorten the longevity of your tan.
- Take care when exercising as friction and excess sweat may cause your tan to fade prematurely or unevenly.
- Acidic skin care designed for anti-aging can shorten the life of the tan on your face and neck were applied.