Preparation for Your Tan
- Thoroughly exfoliate and shave prior to your appointment.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothes and undergarments following your appointment.
- The Cosmetic bronzer may rub off on your clothing, however it will come out of most fabrics, excluding silks and nylons.
- Avoid wearing make up and moisturizers on the day of your appointment, as this acts as a barrier to the spray and stops the color from developing properly.
- Sensitivity could occur if you have shaved or waxed within 8 hours of your session. If you haven’t experienced issues with sensitivity related to self tanning products in the past you should be fine.
Maintaining Your Tan
- Wait at least 8-12 hours before showering.
- Apply moisturizer morning and evening after your post tan shower.
- Avoid long, hot showers and excessive scrubbing of the skin. Pat your skin dry after showering.
- Chlorine in swimming pools and hot tubs can remove or shorten the longevity of your tan.
- Take care when exercising as friction and excess sweat may cause your tan to fade prematurely or unevenly.